Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dr. Seuss Week

This week is Dr. Seuss week at Parker's school. They got to bring their favorite Dr. Seuss book to school. Hers is "Green Eggs and Ham." I guess that technically it's her favorite b/c it's her only Dr. Seuss book. We have read it so many times that she likes to "read" it herself. She takes on this very dramatic deep voice and says "I no like Green Eggs and Ham!!!, Not in a box, not in the dark, not with a fox..." and it continues. A drama queen, this one. Yesterday after school, her favorite teacher (well really she's the administrator/owner of the daycare), Miss Jennie, brought Parker into her office and gave her a special "prize." She said that it was for Parker's early birthday and that when she saw it in the store she wanted to go ahead and give it to her. She made sure that no other kids could see (we were in the office, not the classroom) and pulled out a huge sack for Parker. Inside was a new Dr. Seuss book "I Can Read with my Eyes Shut" and a stuffed Cat in the Hat. Parker was so excited. Now you can see why Miss Jennie is Parker's absolute favorite. She is like her second CeCe. So last night, we wrote a thank you note to Miss Jennie for the gift. I mainly helped with the wording and writing , of course, and Parker drew pictures of Miss Jennie, a snake, some letters- P and M, and a penguin. But when we got ready to fold it up and put it in the envelope, she was so upset and didn't understand why we had to give it to Miss Jennie- it was her note!! Here's Parker P with her 80's side ponytail and her "prizes" : Last night, I tried another crock pot meal. This time it was Chicken and Brown Rice. It sounded wonderful and called for all healthy ingredients with no butter and I thought it was going to be great. It looked good when I put it all together raw. Not quite so lucky... It was horrible. Not inedible, but not good. We all ate a serving and then I looked at Matt and told him that I imagined that this was the kind of food they served in jail. He likened it to dog food. I can't say that I disagreed. We laughed, save the chicken breast from the top and then threw away the mushy, icky rice. At least everyone was a trooper for eating one serving. hehe. Today was dance class day at school. Of course, Parker was all smiles. Well this was after her foul mood upon waking when she said "good morning" and I said something else to her and she told me she was not talking to me, just Daddy. I couldn't help but laugh. She quickly got over her "Daddy only" attitude when I let her pick her outfit and shoes. Of course, she opted for something pink. Parker with her dance bag. We love that little hoodie that she is wearing, and we have definitely gotten plenty of wear out of it. I think that it might be on its last legs. YaYa Julia gave it to Parker when she was about a year old. I guess we are lucky that it has been so stretchy!! It wouldn't be such a problem except that Parker has issues with jackets being zipped. If she has a jacket or coat on, then it absolutely HAS to be zipped. If it has a hood, she HAS to have it on her head. (In this pic, I convinced her to leave it off for the pic so that we could see her hairbow.) And if it has pockets, her hands HAVE to be in them. Her little OCD issues crack me up!

1 comment:

Sherry and Damian said...

Okay, several things:
1) Parker is always dressed soooo cute!
2) I love your new background! Very spring-y!
3) That is too funny about your prison food.