Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cannon and Parker

I haven't updated lately. I've really had a lot of other things to do. Believe it or not, I have had less free time when I am Maternity leave than I would normally have. But anyway-- I know you want to see updated pics of the kids and so here they are. Its been a pretty laid back summer. We try to get out of the house as much as possible especially on Saturday mornings where we try to head down to the RiverMarket to see what's going on. Here are some new pics of Cannon. He is just growing and growing. At his one month appointment he had managed to gain 18 ounces in just 14 days!! He is becoming more and more alert and has started to coo and talk to us. Every now and then he will kind of coo at Parker but towards her it comes across as more of a grumpy old man " leave me alone" sound.
Cannon at 6 weeks
Cannon loves to be swaddled and it really calms him down when he is pretty wound up.
This is Cannon at a couple of days shy of 8 weeks. He looks kind of chunky in this pic but I think that it's really just the angle. He is getting a lot bigger but not as big as this picture makes him look. He has a super expressive face and uses his eyebrows to make his point ALL of the time. Parker on the other hand loves to express herself with her loud and silly singing and dancing. She has become three going on fifteen and is definitely working on her independence, sometimes too much!! She is so clever and sometimes sarcastic. She can tell a funny joke and laughs at yours.
We have spent several days at the pool and Parker loves to go. Although she will hang out at the pool for a while and then want to go to gym daycare to play with some of the other kids.
She FINALLY will let me do something with her hair other than just a hairbow on the side. She now likes "ponytails" but only if she can have two of them. That seems to be the favorite hairstyle of the moment. Her hair has really grown and now will go up into pigtails easily. She also loves to go out to eat and her favorite is probably Mexican with cheese dip as a starter although she likes salsa too. Parker loves to play Mother Hen to Cannon and is always trying to "fix"him in some way. She is always practically smothering him, sometimes with love, sometimes just annoyingly. Poor Cannon!!
Here is amost recent pic of the two before a baseball game on Sunday. Cannon's up from nap. Gotta go for now. Will try to post more pics when I get a chance!!!

2 comments:

Sherry and Damian said...

Thanks for sharing yor pics! Cannon looks like he is one of Parker's little dolls.

Brandy said...

Nice pictures. :)

Natalie loved to be swaddled, too. She used to smile whenever she saw her swaddling blanket.