Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Boxes, Boxes Everywhere

This morning we told Parker that her new princess bed was delivered last night. She followed with "oh mommy, now am I a REAL princess?" Um, well- yes! of course you are. Her princess bed is really just a daybed that we have been selling to her as a "princess" bed so that she'll be super excited about moving into a new room and giving New Baby her old one. So Far, So Good. As soon as the room is put together, I'll post a pic. The walls are pink- Very Princess! The furniture boxes are huge and heavy and I don't see how Matt is going to get these moved around. Or how in the world that we are going to get these things assembled. I will definitely try to help but I have a sneaking feeling that Matt will chase me out of the room to work alone. hehe. Tonight I made Jambalaya in my CrockPot. I put it on at lunch today and then just added the shrimp and rice when I got home. It was a hit! Matt said that he really liked it and now we still have enough to have some for leftovers and add some to the freezer for a quick and easy meal another day. This is my second slow cooker meal that I have made in the past couple of weeks. I'm trying to do at least one CrockPot meal during the week b/c it feeds us forever and makes for a great meal for another night down the road. Last time, I made Chicken and Dumplings and they were great too! I'm sure with my capability of burning cookies and who knows what else that I will have a disaster before long, but keep your fingers crossed. :) Parker loves putting together puzzles and tonight was no different. At night,we usually end up reading books, playing the Memory game, or putting together puzzles. Let me tell you-- she is only two-- well almost three-- but she can play a mean game of Memory. She is good!! Although sometimes we have to remind her not to cheat, which she calls "cheek." When she wins, which is often, she'll say "and I not even cheek!!" obviously beaming with pride as she stacks up "her pile." Tonight was a puzzle night and she put together a 25 piece Winnie the Pooh puzzle. A genius in the making!! :)

2 comments:

Brandy said...

I love the crockpot! I use it at least once a week if not more. This is a great good blog for crockpotting. This woman's resolution for 2008 was to crockpot every single day and she blogged about it. You can see all her recipes in her archives.
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Sherry and Damian said...

Parker is soooo smart! I can't wait to see her new princess bed and room!!!